Join Hostelling Scotland today!
Join today and save when you stay!
In celebration of our 90th Birthday, we're offering you the chance to purchase a Life Membership for only £90, a saving of £60!
With annual membership for only £15, join today and you will; SAVE £30 on all RentaHostel bookings, SAVE £3 a night every time you stay, get access to 'Member Only' Promotions and benefit from discounts with key retail outlets and local visitor attractions.
Buy your membership at any of our youth hostels (excluding Glen Affric and affiliate hostels). Please bring photographic ID when joining at our youth hostels.
- Explore Scotland and save money every time you stay.
- Save £30 on all RentaHostel, exclusive private hire bookings (£90 on all bookings throughout 2021 as part of our anniversary promotion).
- Gain access to +4,000 hostels around the world with dual membership of Hostelling International.
- Take advantage of exclusive ‘members only’ promotions.
- Enjoy a range of membership benefits, from discounted admission to visitor attractions to savings at retail outlets and travel services across Scotland.
- Subscribe to our monthly E-Newsletter for latest news, events and special offers.
- Sign up to MyHostellingScotland and manage your membership and bookings online.
- Make new friends through hostelling – you might want to join one of our Members' Groups.
As if this wasn’t enough, your support will help us give children, young people and families, who otherwise wouldn’t have the opportunity, a chance to explore Scotland through our youth, volunteer and community programmes.
Reasons to become a Hostelling Scotland member
- See Scotland on a budget with access to all our youth hostels.
- Enjoy access to over 4,000 youth hostels in 90 other countries around the world through dual membership with Hostelling International.
Thanks to your support we're able to give children, young people and families a chance to explore Scotland and discover the joy of hostelling, through our youth, volunteer and community programmes. You can find out more about them here.
- Best price guarantee: we promise the best rate every time you book with us directly.
- Special members-only offers including reduced price admission to visitor attractions across Scotland, savings in retail outlets and discounted travel services.
- MyHostellingScotland account which enables members to manage their membership details online. Once you have your membership number, create your MyHostellingScotland account for exclusive access.
- UK members receive a copy of our annual Handbook packed full of interesting articles, holiday & activity ideas and a full hostel guide.
- A monthly E-Newsletter updating you on the latest news, events and special offers - Sign-up here.
- Be part of a community and make new friends through hostelling or by joining a Members' Group.
Membership categories and pricing
Types of Membership
|Daily||£3.00 per overnight|
|Young Person (25 years and under)||£6 per annum|
|Adult (26 years and over)||£15 per annum|
|Life||£90 (90th Anniversary Promotional Price - Normal RRP £150)|
|Groups (10+ people)||£30 per annum|
|Temporary Group (10+ people)||£25 per booking|
Above rates apply from 5 April, are non-refundable and may be subject to change. Please note, for child protection purposes, minors (under 16 years old) must be accompanied by an adult over 18 years old.
Hostelling Scotland offers free membership to Young Scot NEC card holders and Duke of Edinburgh participants - please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. To get a Young Scot NEC card call the Young Scot Info Line on 0808 801 0338.
Please note: All new memberships to be posted outside the UK will be charged a postage and packaging fee of £2.50. Collection can be arranged at any youth hostel or posted free of charge to a UK postal address. Replacement membership cards will be charged at £5. Please contact the Membership Team to arrange.
Sign up to My Hostelling Scotland
Sign up to My Hostelling Scotland and make the most of you membership!
Register with My Hostelling Scotland and you can not only manage your bookings, you'll also be able to manage and renew your membership online - check your booking details, order a new card, update your contact information and find out about exclusive promotions - it really couldn't be easier!