Discover our Dog Friendly Hostels
Travel with your best friend!
Enjoy a WoofHostelling Adventure
With treats on arrival, 'Paws for water' stations to keep your best friend refreshed, fantastic drying rooms for the unpredictable Scottish weather, comfortable lounges and a host of fantastic locations to choose from, our WoofHostels make the perfect informal base for outdoor enthusiasts and their 4 legged friends to explore and enjoy Scotland without breaking the bank!
From cities brimming with culture and history to landscapes famous from the silver screen and road trips that will leave you breathless - Scotland will never disappoint.
With 16 dog friendly ‘WoofHostels’ to choose from there is no better time to plan your next adventure and discover the natural and cultural wonders Scotland has to offer.
All of our hostels are quality-assured and graded by VisitScotland and offer a range of private and en-suite rooms. We pride ourselves on exceptional service, offering expert local knowledge and a warm welcome to all those with an adventurous spirit wishing to explore and experience the real Scotland.
Planning your adventure!
Our hostels at: Achmelvich Beach, Broadford, Cairngorm Lodge, Crianlarich, Durness Smoo, Gairloch Sands, Glasgow, Glencoe, Glen Nevis, Kirkwall, Lochranza, Oban, Pitlochry, Ratagan, Rowardennan Lodge, and Torridon all welcome well-behaved dogs and their owners for a small fee.
Making a booking for you and your best friend
- Bookings should be made directly with the youth hostel in advance of your stay and are subject to the availability of a ‘dog friendly’ room
- There is a supplementary charge of £7.50 per dog per night
- Dogs are welcome where a ‘dog friendly’ private room has been reserved
5 Fabulous WoofHostelling Destinations
Read about some amazing WoofHostelling adventures
Our doggy do's & dont's
- Doggie training! Owners are responsible for keeping their dogs under control at all times, both inside the youth hostel and within the hostel grounds
- Barking mad! Please consider other guests and ensure they are not disturbed by noise or disruptive behaviour. Please ensure that other guests/dogs are not at risk from your dog and any necessary precautions are put in place while staying in the youth hostel (grounds included)
- Keep it clean! Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs at all times
- Home alone! Dogs are not to be left for long periods in the bedroom alone (maximum 1 hour)
- Forget me not! Owners must not leave the youth hostel premises without their dog!
- Be prepared! The hostel will happily provide water bowls, treats and towels for your dog but please remember to bring your doggies home comforts (food and food bowl, bed, poop bags, etc.) - we will try to ensure spare poop bags are available at reception.
- Access all areas! Doggies will have access to public areas of the hostel with the exception of the kitchen, dining area and quiet rooms. Please keep them on a short lead in public areas and don’t allow them to jump up.