Travel with your best friend!
Our Doggie Do's and Don'ts
Achmelvich Beach, Braemar, Cairngorm Lodge, Crianlarich, Drumnadrochit, Durness Smoo, Gairloch Sands, Glasgow, Glencoe, Kirkwall, Lochranza, Oban, Pitlochry and Torridon Youth Hostels all welcome well-behaved dogs and their owners for a small fee.
Making a booking for you and your dog
- Bookings should be made directly with the youth hostel in advance of your stay and are subject to the availability of a ‘dog friendly’ room
- There is a supplementary charge of £5 per dog per night
- Dogs are welcome where a ‘dog friendly’ private room has been reserved
At the youth hostel
- Doggie training! Owners are responsible for keeping their dogs under control at all times, both inside the youth hostel and within the hostel grounds
- Barking mad! Please consider other guests and ensure they are not disturbed by noise or disruptive behaviour. Please ensure that other guests/dogs are not at risk from your dog and any necessary precautions are put in place while staying in the youth hostel (grounds included)
- Keep it clean! Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs at all times
- Home alone! Dogs are not to be left for long periods in the bedroom alone (maximum 1 hour)
- Forget me not! Owners must not leave the youth hostel premises without their dog!
- Be prepared! The hostel will happily provide water bowls, treats and towels for your dog but please remember to bring your doggies home comforts (food and food bowl, bed, poop bags, etc)
We will try to ensure spare poop bags are available at reception
- Access all areas! Doggies will have access to public areas of the hostel with the exception
of the kitchen, dining area and quiet rooms. Please keep them on a short lead in public areas and don’t allow them to jump up
- Dogs should be fully inoculated and have had veterinary health checks
- Any damage incurred by the dog will need to be paid for by the owner
- A disruptive dog may result in the guest being asked to depart early
We look forward to welcoming you and your best friend and hope you both enjoy your stay with us.
Remember to stick to the house rules and consider our other guests at all times.