Spend a night under canvas!
Looking for a break in the outdoors with the benefit of indoor comforts nearby?
We can offer camping on the grounds of some of our hostels - in some of our most scenic locations. Camping means you don't have to worry about bed availability, and you can experience Scotland's great outdoors.
Campers staying with Hostelling Scotland can also enjoy the recreational areas inside our hostels, which include self-catering kitchens and lounges. If you're looking for a break from cooking then let the team at our hostels cater for your needs - some breakfast and evening meals are available if required. Washroom facilities within the hostel are also at your disposal.
Forgotten something? We have an onsite retail shop, stocking essential items.
Please note: Camping is sold on a per person and not per pitch basis. Campfires and barbecues are not permitted at any of our hostels.
Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel
Where is it? Rowardennan, By Drymen, Glasgow G63 0AR
In the heart of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park, Rowardennan Lodge is set in an idyllic location, on the banks of Loch Lomond, with unobstructed views and the West Highland Way passing by the gate.
- Availability for 6 – 8 camping pitches
- Secluded camping area away from the front of the hostel
- 9 showers & 9 toilets located within the main building
- Ample self-catering facilities and dining area
- Full catering services offered, including continental or cooked breakfast and evening meals
- TV lounge with free Wi-Fi
- Free Parking
Please contact the team at Rowardennan for more information and availability by calling: 01360 870259, or via email.Find out more
Glen Affric Youth Hostel
Where is it? Allt Beithe, Glen Affric, Cannich, Beauly IV4 7ND
Surrounded by breathtaking mountains and wonderful scenery, our remote eco-hostel offers an unforgettable experience in one of the most beautiful glens in Scotland. If you're looking to get away from civilisation, this is your go-to destination with fantastic views of an unspoilt landscape.
- Availability for 4 pitches with use of the hostel facilities
- Wild camping on the outskirts of our grounds (200 metres) with access to an external toilet
- 1 shower & 1 toilet located within the main building, 2nd toilet outside
- Dining area and self-catering facilities to accommodate up to 20 guests
- The hostel is self-catering only, however pouched meals and a selection of essentials are available to purchase
Camping cannot be pre-booked. Please contact the team at Inverness for more information:
01463 231771 or via email.