Dog friendly Hostelling
Achmelvich Beach, Braemar, Cairngorm Lodge, Durness Smoo, Gairloch Sands, Glencoe, Lochranza and Torridon Youth Hostels all welcome well behaved dogs and their owners for a small fee.
- Advance bookings should be made via our Sales & Reservations Team and participating youth hostels directly. (Bookings are subject to availability of “dog friendly” rooms)
- The charge will be £5 supplement per night per dog.
- Dogs are permitted where a “dog friendly” private room has been reserved and the dog supplement has been paid before arrival.
- Tesco vouchers are not valid for these bookings.
At the youth hostel
- Dogs should be attached to leads at all times, both inside the youth hostel and within the hostel grounds.
- Dog owners must ensure that other guests/dogs are not at risk from their dog and any necessary precautions are put in place whilst within the hostel (grounds included).
- Please ensure other guests are not disturbed by noise or disruptive behaviour as you may be asked to leave early.
- The dog owner is responsible for cleaning up after their dog at all times.
- Dog owners are fully responsible for their dog at all times.
- Dogs should not be left for long periods in bedroom alone (maximum 1 hour).
- Dog owners must not leave the premises without their dog.
- Guests must provide their own equipment for their dog (bowls, bed, waste bags, etc).
- Dogs may have access to some public areas as designated at each youth hostel.
- Full details will be available at the youth hostel or in advance on request.
Any damage incurred by the dog will need to be paid for by the owner.
Please be respectful of each other and be aware there may be guests staying who do not love dogs as much as you do.