Plans for reopening
Our doors are open and we can't wait to welcome you back!
Whilst Hostelling will feel a bit different for a while, we'll do everything we can to make sure you have the best possible experience when staying with us!
What to expect
The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees is of paramount importance to us.
In all our hostels we have introduced measures in line with Scottish Government guidelines and through our Cleanliness Commitment, we are committed to delivering the highest levels of cleanliness for all our guests and will always promise a safe and clean hostel. In addition, we have achieved the “We’re Good to Go” British hospitality industry accreditation providing further reassurance and confidence for our guests.
Further information can be also found in the FAQ's section of this website.
To make a booking enquiry, please email the team at: email@example.com
Governmental Guidelines in Scotland currently follow a COVID-19 levels system (0-4). Each level has a different set of rules on what you can and cannot do and to ensure you have the best possible experience, please remember to follow the latest Scottish Government guidance. Importantly, in accordance with these guidelines, you must ensure that your private bedroom booking is occupied by members of only one household (or extended household). Hostelling Scotland reserves the right to refuse any bookings that do not meet this ruling.
As you will appreciate, advice on Covid-19 is constantly changing and as such we would advise all our guests to refer to Scottish Government guidelines and Transport Scotland advice on travel and social distancing before making their booking.
Book with confidence
Our Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee provides the reassurance you need to book your next stay with Hostelling Scotland.
To give you complete peace of mind and keep things as simple as possible, we’re applying the guarantee to all future bookings for stays up to and including 28 February 2022 – regardless of when you booked or the terms and conditions that were in place at the time.
If you are unable to proceed with your booking due Local or National Government restrictions (UK & International) related to Covid-19 which prevent you from travelling to one of our hostels in Scotland, such as travel bans, enforced self-isolation, or your accommodation is unavailable for any reason, you will be able to choose from one of the following options:
- Transfer your booking to a later date
Subject to availability we will move your booking to a later date, with no admin fees or penalties.
- Transfer your booking to an alternative hostel
Subject to availability we will move your booking to an alternative hostel, with no admin fees or penalties.
- Request a full refund
We will refund you the full amount you have paid for your booking.
Covid-19 Flexible Booking Guarantee Terms and Conditions
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee ‘change window' allows any transfer or cancellation within the period of 28 days and 3 days prior to arrival (Group Bookings and RentaHostel, Exclusive Private Rental, 14 days prior to arrival).
- Should Local or National Government (UK & International) advice significantly change within the periods prior to arrival (outlined above), we will reactivate the Guarantee for you.
- Please be aware that if the cost of your new booking is higher than your original booking, then you’ll need to pay the difference.
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee applies to bookings made directly with Hostelling Scotland for stays up to and including 28 February 2022 and excludes any bookings through third party sites.
- The Covid-19 Flexibility Guarantee does not replace our Standard Booking Terms & Conditions. All other booking terms and conditions remain unchanged. The Guarantee will be reviewed regularly and is subject to change or removal without prior notice.